The Artist




My Creative Journey

I picked up an interest in jewelry making after attending a 2 hour introduction workshop in December 2004. Excited about my new found interest, my family and friends were the exclusive owners of my creations.

In January 2005, I started selling my creations on the now defunct Yahoo auction, just to see where the market stood. After 4 months of perseverance, there was finally a break through! A lot of time were spent investing and promoting my creations in the cyber world. Eventually, I built a website to showcase my crafts and everything else just fell into place.

My work has evolved a lot since then. From working solely with swarovski crystals and pearls, to semi-precious stones and high quality components that are sourced locally and world-wide. After almost 2 years of searching for my niche and identity as an artist, I discovered that I had a better flair for avant garde designs which is portrayed more in my long necklace creations. As I also love variety in my life, you will also find a variety of styles in my creations too! ... That's what I love to do.

In Jan 2007, I picked up polymer clay bead making skill that is now an added feature in many of my unique creations. A separate blog shop was set up in March 2007 to sell my handmade beads to other local and international crafters who enjoy incorporating them into their creations. It was an extremely successful setup however, by mid 2008, the fad for clay beads fizzled out and I decided to close the clay bead blog to focus on my jewelries again.

In early 2010, I picked up a new skill - making my own ear wire designs. I am loving every bit of creating unique ear wire shapes and especially since its handmade, it is considered very exclusive to the owner as well! It also adds a lot more versatility and interesting-ness when matching the different beads to different shaped ear wires.

In June 2010, I finally spread my wings and started a shop in etsy, selling only my handmade polymer clay creations.

As a stay-at-home-mom, it is a challenge to fit into the many roles that demands of me. However, I will always make time and commit to my passion which gives me immense joy and a great sense of satisfaction after every accomplished creation.

I can never be thankful enough for my family and friends who have supported my passion in one way or another. Especially my husband, who believes in what I do. I am also very grateful for the new friends I've made in the course of my creative journey that made a difference in my life.

On the note of selling my creations at affordable prices, I will only say that the small profits are good enough for me to invest in more materials so that I can share more creations with you!

I have started this as a hobby and is still very much the same till now. It is why my personal vision is for others to enjoy the value-for-money I offer in my creations and appreciate the fruits of my labor.

Cheers!

No comments: